httpd-users mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Conditionally strip/remove a specific cookie from request
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2012 20:19:49 GMT
Hi,

We are trying to have an Apache (acting as a proxy) conditionally strip/remove a cookie from
the incoming request, before it proxies the request.

The condition is that, on the incoming request:

- there is a specific HTTP header, MYHEADER, with a value of "MYHEADERVALUE", and
- the root of the request URL's hostname (e.g., if hostname in the request URL is "www.foo.com",
then root is ".foo.com") matches a certain string, e.g., ".whatever.com"

If the conditions above are true, then we want to remove a cookie named "MYCOOKIE" from the
incoming request, before forwarding the request onto the proxied host.

I think that if the conditions match, according to this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1798431/how-to-remove-a-cookie-in-apache

something like:

RequestHeader add Cookie "MYCOOKIE='';expires='SOME_PAST_DATE'; Path=COOKIE_PATH"

would remove the cookie, but I'm not sure how to construct the expression/expr that says something
like this:

<If hostname_root==whatever.com && MYHEADER=<some_string>>
        RequestHeader add Cookie "MYCOOKIE=';expires='SOME_PAST_DATE'; Path=COOKIE_PATH"
</If>

Also, I'm not sure what that "SOME_PAST_DATE" should be.

Can anyone here tell me?

Thanks,
Jim