httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy_html, HTML rewrite and content compression
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 17:12:06 GMT

On 14 Nov 2012, at 15:53, Thomas Eckert wrote:

> Is there a way to work around this ? I do want the call to mod_xml2enc to happen but
I also want the reverse proxy to support content compression.

That's a lot of correct analysis.

The output chain you want is INFLATE;xml2enc;proxy-html;DEFLATE .
What problems do you encounter (apart from processing overhead)
when you set all that?

I guess ideally ProxyHTMLEnable should detect compressed content
and insert INFLATE where necessary.  Maybe even have an option to
set DEFLATE.  But as of now it doesn't: I got the impression most
users prefer to disable compression, and avoid the substantial
processing overhead of zipping in a proxy.

--
Nick Kew