httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alex Chen <alex_c...@filemaker.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Error in accessing the home page
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 23:10:16 GMT
I downloaded the Apache 2.2.22 Windows msi and installed it as a console app,  I copied all
the files to C:/Program Files/Apache and uninstalled Apache to have a stock copy of the installation.
I made the following changes in httpd.conf.

ServerRoot  "C:/Program Files/Apache"
Listen 8080
LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so
DocumentRoot "htdocs"
ErrorLog "logs/error.log"

<Directory "htdocs">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

When I used IE to access http://localhost:8080, I got the following error:
Forbidden

Apache/2.2.22 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/1.0.1c Server at localhost Port 8080

I saw the following entry in error.log
[Thu Nov 29 14:15:39 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by server configuration:
C:/Program Files/Apache/htdocs/

However if I changed the directory setting to the followings, it worked fine even though the
DocumentRoot setting remained the same.

<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache/htdocs">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

It seems that the DocumentRoot directive accepts a relative path name but the <Directory>
structure requires the full path, is that the case?

Alex