httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alvise Nicoletti <li...@alvisenicoletti.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.4 stability & ErrorLogFormat
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 21:52:57 GMT
Il 29/11/2012 21:36, Mark Montague ha scritto:
> On November 29, 2012 14:46 , Alvise Nicoletti
> <lists@alvisenicoletti.com> wrote:
>> I would like to use the ErrorLogFormat function (a > apache2.4
>> function),
>> because I have a lot of php websites in a same Virtual Host /
>> directory and I would like to have better error reporting.
>> [...]
>>
>> So I ask, is 2.4 stable ?
>>
>> Do you have any tips to workaround the problem maybe with an apache
>> mod ?
>
> What does "stable" mean to you?  For what it is worth, 2.4 is a
> production release of Apache HTTP Server: it is not a development
> version, it is not an alpha version, and it is not a beta version.
> People are using Apache HTTP Server 2.4 successfully in production. I
> have not heard any complaints about it failing to serve its intended
> purpose.
>
> As for workarounds, you could try to backport the feature from 2.4 to
> 2.2, but I recommend against this, in general:  if you have to compile
> Apache HTTP Server from source, just compile an unmodified version of
> 2.4 -- even counting the cost of learning about the new features and
> making some changes to your existing configuration, I think this will
> be much easier than backporting a feature to 2.2 and then supporting
> it yourself in-house long term.
>
> --
>   Mark Montague
>   mark@catseye.org

Thanks,

so you confirm it's actually impossible to have website URL reference in
actual php error logs with apache 2.2 ... ?

Of course I'm talking of a php application that is installed in a
directory where is configured a virtual server with more than 1 website
against it.
Actually I have some php errors with /the/path/to/the/phpfile but I
don't know wich website caused them.