httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ben Johnson <...@indietorrent.org>
Subject [users@httpd] 500 status code responses, but the full/correct file contents are still sent to the user-agent
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 18:09:18 GMT
Might anyone know what could possibly cause Apache to return 500
(Internal Server Error) status code responses *but still return the
requested file's contents*?

I have reviewed the application logic carefully to ensure that no header
that includes the 500 status code is being sent from within the
application. (I searched the entire source-code tree for the string
"500" and confirmed that the string does not appear anywhere.)

I posted a couple of weeks ago about intermittent 500 errors in Apache's
access log, and noted that the response byte-lengths (the values
immediately after the status codes in the log entries) matched the
corresponding values when the status code was 200. In other words, it
seems that Apache always returns the full/correct content, even though
the status code is 500 intermittently.

Any help troubleshooting this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

-Ben