httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. McGrail" <KMcGr...@PCCC.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd]
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 05:12:04 GMT
On 11/1/2012 12:59 AM, ABHISHEK GUPTA wrote:
> I want to configure apache in a way that all the request from mobile
> browsers are redirected to a separate virtualhost and requests from
> desktop browsers are served from another virtualhost.

Abhishek,

Because I recommend that the mobile site have a choice to choose to view
the full site, this is likely best handled on the full site with a user
agent check that then redirects to the mobile site coupled with a cookie
check.

However, mod_rewrite would be the likely answer based on user agent if
you wanted to implement it that way.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/rewrite/access.html has an example
access control with user agent but instead using the condition to redir
with a rule such as (untested):

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT}   ^iPad
RewriteRule ^(.*)         http://mobile.mysite.com/$1 [L,R=permanent]

Regards,