httpd-users mailing list archives

From Take aWay <a.t...@rocketmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Enabling htpasswd only for specific part of site
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 13:32:34 GMT
Hello,

I'm glad to join this help channel.
I'm running on my server for my website and my rutorrent client.

For those who don't know what is rutorrent it's a torrent client managed by http.
You can see a picture here: http://bit.ly/T4OTPy

When you install rutorrent it also sets up the htpasswd so each user has its own rutorrent
page.
Before I installed the rutorrent I put my website files in the /var/www folder, after the
rutorrent was installed the apache server loads the content in the /var/rutorrent folder.

So now if I list the content of the /var/rutorrent folder I have both the rutorrent and the
website files separated by folders.
And the main index.html file which looks like this:

Right now if I browse my page I'm being asked for an htpasswd (the ones I configured when
installing the rutorrent).
I would to be able to browse my site dir which is my website without being asked for htpasswd
unless I go to the rutorrent page.

How do I do that ?

Sent from my iPad