httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ProxyPassReverse
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 11:02:06 GMT
On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 12:26 AM,  <vicky007aggarwal@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> All,
>
> I have very basic query, pls help me in understand that.. What is the purpose of using
ProxyPassReverse in apache config..what i understand is that it rewrite the headers but that
means what??

> Can someone give any use case/real time example which will help me in understanding the
crux of this directive.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypassreverse

"""
This directive lets Apache adjust the URL in the Location,
Content-Location and URI headers on HTTP redirect responses. This is
essential when Apache is used as a reverse proxy (or gateway) to avoid
by-passing the reverse proxy because of HTTP redirects on the backend
servers which stay behind the reverse proxy.
"""