httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dionisio Cortes Fernandez <bloodbr...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Load balancing
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 21:57:35 GMT
Hi,

I´ve been trying to make a load balanced Apache servet without all the
success I wanted. I used this mods

proxy
proxy_balancer
proxy_http
status

And I get a main server that balances the load, to the other nodes, that
it´s not at all, the solution I wanted.

                          ____________
                         |____weblb___|
                           |                  |
                           |                  |
                  _____|____    ____|______
                 |   web1     |    |      web2    |
                 |_________|    |__________|

I don´t really like the solution because as far as I know, all the web
traffic is through weblb (because web1 and web2 only have one NIC and its
in a internal network with weblb, and i see their pages), and I wanted
weblb only to distribute the petitions, and later web1 and web2 act as
normal servers, so for example, half of user will use web1, and the other
half web2, but they only know one ip address (weblb). I know this should be
possible as facebook or google or that big companies uses lots of machines
and you only know one domain, and I don´t think they use that schema,
because only one server couldn´t have all throughput needed to all users.

So I don´t know if I´m trying with the wrong approach or there are any
other modules that I can use to do what I want.

Thanks