httpd-users mailing list archives

From sridhar basam <sridhar.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to strip out the query parameter for specific URLs using mod_rewrite?
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 15:29:37 GMT
On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM, Bhattacharya, Sudip
<sudip.bhattacharya@genpact.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to configure caching for a website using apache proxy.
>
> Some of the URLs are using a random parameter in the URL to avoid caching.
>
> The URL would look like this:
> http://foo.com/folder/xmlfiles/static.xml?rand= 0.36176968908944995
>
> The xml files are static files, but the application attaches a random number at the end
to disable caching. I need to remove the rand parameter to enable caching, without modifying
the original application.

> There would be other URLs which would have valid query strings, so I need to limit the
rewrite operation to the specific xmlfiles folder urls.

> Some of the examples on internet seems to be removing the query string from all requests.

The module already supports it for you, you need to just enable it.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_cache.html#cacheignorequerystring

Sridhar