httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Browder <tom.brow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mac OS X and SSL Client Certitficates
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 14:09:52 GMT
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Mark Montague <mark@catseye.org> wrote:
> On October 12, 2012 10:41 , Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have successfully generated SSL client certs (generated with openssl
>> 1.0.1c) used by Safari, Firefox, and Chrome on Linux and Windows plus
>> IE 9 on Windows, but I cannot get successful access with either Safari
>> or Firefox on Mac OS X.
>

> I think it is strange that you are having problems with both Safari and
> Firefox under MacOS X, because Firefox does not use Apple's keychain, as far
> as I know -- it uses its own, independent keystore.

Mark, I had corrected my mistake by replying to this thread with a
change of subject, but I did a mistake and had allowed my server cert
that signed my client certs expire.  After I corrected that Firefox
DOES work.

Thanks for the reply and reminding us that Firefox does NOT use
Apple's Keychain.

Best,

-Tom