httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bhattacharya, Sudip" <sudip.bhattacha...@genpact.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] How to conditionally enable mod_deflate?
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 15:52:41 GMT
I need to show the benefits on a new proxy vs the old (AS-IS) system.
The GZIP option, I want to work only when someone comes via the proxy.
That way, the results can be compared side by side, by hitting the direct URL vs by hitting
the proxy URL.
Proxy is on WAN connection, and I want the data flow between the application and proxy to
be compressed, but no compression for direct access of the application.

______________________________
Sudip Kumar Bhattacharya

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Kew [mailto:nick@webthing.com]
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 10:53 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] How to conditionally enable mod_deflate?

On 19 Oct 2012, at 16:44, Bhattacharya, Sudip wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a problem for which I am not able to find a solution.
>
> I need to conditionally enable mod_deflate for clients who send a particular custom HTTP
Request Header.

What's wrong with the standard HTTP header Accept-Enoding?

--
Nick Kew

This e-mail (and any attachments), is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read,
copied and used only
by intended recipients. Unauthorized access to this e-mail (or attachments) and disclosure
or copying of its
contents or any action taken in reliance on it is unlawful. Unintended recipients must notify
the sender immediately
by e-mail/phone & delete it from their system without making any copies or disclosing
it to a third person.