httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bhattacharya, Sudip" <sudip.bhattacha...@genpact.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] How to strip out the query parameter for specific URLs using mod_rewrite?
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 16:01:31 GMT
Great. This one worked.

However, it looks like the first request with the query string returns a 301 moved permanently
response, requiring another request from the browser to the file without the query string.

Can this redirection be avoided, so that the server returns the cached file on the original
response only?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Johnson [mailto:ben@indietorrent.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 9:23 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] How to strip out the query parameter for specific URLs using mod_rewrite?

On 10/4/2012 11:32 AM, Bhattacharya, Sudip wrote:
> Hi Sridhar,
>
> This would apply to the whole virtual host. I need to enable it for specific subfolders.

Something like this should work:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} =/folder/xmlfiles/static.xml RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !=""
#The ? at the end causes the %{QUERY_STRING} to be omitted #from %{REQUEST_URI} during rewriting.
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ %{REQUEST_URI}? [R=301,L]

If any mod_rewrite expert has suggestions or revisions, please jump in.

end to disable caching. I need to remove the rand parameter to enable caching, without modifying
the original application.

>> There would be other URLs which would have valid query strings, so I need to limit
the rewrite operation to the specific xmlfiles folder urls.

>> Some of the examples on internet seems to be removing the query string from all requests.
>
> The module already supports it for you, you need to just enable it.
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_cache.html#cacheignorequeryst
> ring
>

> Sridhar
>

>> Regards,
>> Sudip Kumar Bhattacharya

This e-mail (and any attachments), is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read,
copied and used only
by intended recipients. Unauthorized access to this e-mail (or attachments) and disclosure
or copying of its
contents or any action taken in reliance on it is unlawful. Unintended recipients must notify
the sender immediately
by e-mail/phone & delete it from their system without making any copies or disclosing
it to a third person.