httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bhattacharya, Sudip" <sudip.bhattacha...@genpact.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] How to strip out the query parameter for specific URLs using mod_rewrite?
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 15:32:31 GMT
Hi Sridhar,

This would apply to the whole virtual host. I need to enable it for specific subfolders.

-----Original Message-----
From: sridhar basam [mailto:sridhar.basam@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 9:00 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] How to strip out the query parameter for specific URLs using mod_rewrite?

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM, Bhattacharya, Sudip <sudip.bhattacharya@genpact.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to configure caching for a website using apache proxy.
>
> Some of the URLs are using a random parameter in the URL to avoid caching.
>
> The URL would look like this:
> http://foo.com/folder/xmlfiles/static.xml?rand= 0.36176968908944995
>
> The xml files are static files, but the application attaches a random number at the end
to disable caching. I need to remove the rand parameter to enable caching, without modifying
the original application.

> There would be other URLs which would have valid query strings, so I need to limit the
rewrite operation to the specific xmlfiles folder urls.

> Some of the examples on internet seems to be removing the query string from all requests.

The module already supports it for you, you need to just enable it.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_cache.html#cacheignorequerystring

Sridhar

> Regards,
> Sudip Kumar Bhattacharya
> This e-mail (and any attachments), is confidential and may be
> privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by intended
> recipients. Unauthorized access to this e-mail (or attachments) and
> disclosure or copying of its contents or any action taken in reliance on it is unlawful.
Unintended recipients must notify the sender immediately by e-mail/phone & delete it from
their system without making any copies or disclosing it to a third person.