httpd-users mailing list archives

From Graham Butler <g.but...@hud.ac.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Moving Apache from Solaris to Linux
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 12:58:43 GMT
We are currently looking at replacing our Solaris boxes with a flavour of Linux to run Apache
with a focus on Red Hat and Ubuntu. I am trying to collect some evidence to which OS is being
used to run Apache and why, before we make a decision. Could you please respond by sending
me, or the list, information on which OS you are using to run Apache and any information on
why your decided to run it on that particular platform.

I am also asking other list for similar information on Squid, BIND, Exim, etc.......

Many thanks for any information you may send me.

Graham Butler
Infrastructure Team.
Email:g.butler@hud.ac.uk
Tel: 01484 473785
The University of Huddersfield
Computing and Library Services
PO Box No. 341
Huddersfield
HD1 3DH

---
This transmission is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you receive it in error,
please notify us immediately by e-mail and remove it from your system. If the content of this
e-mail does not relate to the business of the University of Huddersfield, then we do not endorse
it and will accept no liability.