httpd-users mailing list archives

From Moreno Gentili <brights...@tiscali.it>
Subject [users@httpd] VirtualHosts on mysql, now I need to support a certain directive
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 09:17:07 GMT
Hi everybody,
I'm trying to bridge the gap between two apache modules.

  * *mod_vhost_dbi* from outoforder.cc, which allows me to store virtual
    hosts on a mysql database.
  * *apache2-mpm-itk* which allows the assignment of a different
    user/group to each virtualhost.

The problem is that /apache2-mpm-itk/ requires a /AssignUserID/
directive in each VirtualHost but /mod_vhost_dbi/ doesn't support custom
configuration directives.
I'm looking at /mod_vhost_dbi/ source code
<http://www.outoforder.cc/projects/httpd/mod_vhost_dbi/> to see if I can
modify it to supply a value for /AssignUserID/ but I'm starting to feel
really lost.
I tried adding the key-value pair to the /request_rec->subprocess_env/
table but it didn't work and I can't really say I know what I'm doing.
Any idea on how I might feed that value to the other module? Which hook
should I handle and which function should I use?
Thank you in advance.