httpd-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_auth_form questions
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 20:30:31 GMT
1: (why) do I need to specify the AuthName, Session, and authn
provider params (e.g. DBD query) in both the location I am protecting
and in the location that defines the form-login-handler?

2: I'd like to say that an entire logical tree is protected, and have
a successful login redirect back to wherever the user tried to go in
the first place. However, the doc seems to be telling me that I need
to supply AuthFormLoginSuccessLocation with a specific URL in it.

In other words, if I start out with

 <Location /protectedStuff/>
    AuthType form
</Location>

and then I set up

<Location /dologin.html>
   SetHandler form-login-handler
</Location>

and the user navigates to /protectedStuff/banannas.html, I'd like a
successful login to redirect to that location, whereas if they
navigate to /protectedStuff/kumquats.html, ditto.