httpd-users mailing list archives

From "subhashini.514" <subhashini....@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] hive hbase integration
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 11:42:41 GMT
Hi,

We want to insert data into Hbase cluster. We are having data in text
files. We want to insert
large number of text files into hbase and  then quering the hbase cluster.

Please guide us on how to proceed.

We tried to create the table in HIVE using following command.

CREATE TABLE  hive_hbase_President_tweetbank(key STRING, Created_Date
STRING, From_User STRING, From_User_Id STRING,From_User_Id_Str STRING,
From_User_Name String,

Geo STRING, Id_Str STRING, Language_Code STRING, Metadata STRING,
Profile_Image_Url String, Profile_Image_Url_Https String,
Source String, Message STRING, To_User String, To_User_Id String,
To_User_Id_Str String, To_User_Name String)

STORED BY 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler'
WITH SERDEPROPERTIES("hbase.columns.mapping" = ":key,
cf1:Created_Date, cf1:From_User, cf1:From_User_Id,
cf1:From_User_Id_Str, cf1:From_User_Name,

cf1:Geo, cf1:Id_Str, cf1:Language_Code, cf1:Metadata,
cf1:Profile_Image_Url,cf1:Profile_Image_Url_Https,
cf1:Source, cf1:Message, cf1:To_User, cf1:To_User_Id,
cf1:To_User_Id_Str, cf1:To_User_Name")TBLPROPERTIES
("hbase.table.name" = "hbase_President_tweetbank");

*
*But I am getting the following exception:
FAILED: Error in metadata: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal
character <10>. Family names cannot contain control characters or
colons:
cf1
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask

Please help...