httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bhattacharya, Sudip" <sudip.bhattacha...@genpact.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Uploading files to Apache Server
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 12:36:28 GMT
You are right. These are data files, PDF/TIF/DOC/XLS, etc.

Will HTTP POST be a good option for 5-10-30mb files performance wise?

Also, my organization does not allow enabling PERL/PHP on Apache. Taking it through infosec
would be a long process.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Houston [mailto:ph1@openstrike.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 5:47 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Uploading files to Apache Server

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 05:22:11PM +0530, Bhattacharya, Sudip wrote:
> Also note that the file uploads will be via a JAVA application (not servlet/manual uploads).
So whatever is the option, it should enable uploads via a java application.
> The files to upload will vary from 1mb to 30mb to upto 100mb (rare). Average size would
be 5mb.
> WAN connection would restrict bandwidth to 30-40kbps speed per connection. So the option
should be able to sustain a file upload on such a slow WAN connection.

That makes it sound like these are data files and not code. If that's the case then why not
just have your client side Java execute an HTTP POST request and put a handler script on the
server side to receive and process it?

Pete
--
Openstrike - improving business through open source http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 01722