httpd-users mailing list archives

From Frank Mancini <frank...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Need tips on compiling Apache
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 14:29:55 GMT

When I try to run it on another server, I get errors like:

ld.so.1: httpd: fatal: libpcre.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory

which I'm guessing is because I moved the binaries to a different server.

From: frank69m@hotmail.com
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 07:28:06 -0700
Subject: [users@httpd] Need tips on compiling Apache

So, I'm new to compiling. I'm trying to compile both on a linux red hat server and a Solaris
10 server

So lets start off with Solaris, I want to do the typical

./configure --prefix=/my/home/directory --with-pcre=/installs/pcre

which seems to work and compile, but I noticed there are many references to external libraries
and when moving to another server, it won't work

For 64-bit, I'm assuming you need to setup the

CFLAGS=-m64

Do I also need to setup the LDFLAGS and LD_LIBRARY_PATH?