httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bob Furber <burnsmi...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Transferring xhr messages between Apache and a Persistent Program
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 22:11:15 GMT
Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to go about
Transferring xhr messages between Apache and a Persistent Program?

We currently use a cgi script (C program) that transfers xhr messages
back and forth to a persistent (C) program using shared memory.

Although the CGI program [script] is very simple, the binary is ~500K
which, presumably must be loaded on every cgi call. I suspect there are
more elegant and efficient methods.

I have never looked under Apache's hood, so I would be grateful for any
suggestions, book titles, etc.

I am working with a TS-7553 Arm based controller running Apache2 under
Debian Lenny.

Thanks