httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rajeev Prasad <rp.ne...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] (resolved) Re: [users@httpd] wrong IP address in apache logs
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 22:31:44 GMT
it was resolved using this help":   http://www.techstacks.com/howto/log-client-ip-and-xforwardedfor-ip-in-apache.html

________________________________
 From: John Karr <brainbuz@brainbuz.org>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 9:51 PM
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] wrong IP address in apache logs

You may want to look at: reverse proxy add forward module for Apache (mod_rpaf). It cleaned
up a big headache for me. You define a list of your possible proxy sources and what your x-forwarded
header is, and it just takes care of it. The developer’s site is http://stderr.net/apache/rpaf/

Although maintained outside the Apache Project it has been available in Ubuntu since at least
Hardy. (package name: libapache2-mod-rpaf). Also since 10.10 is no longer supported, you’ll
need to upgrade your system to install any packages.