httpd-users mailing list archives

From sol myr <solmy...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Customized Stickiness
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 14:14:50 GMT
Hi,

We're using Apache2.2. as a load-balancer, in front of some Tomcats.

Our Tomcats has some logic that calculates user's CITY of residence, and sends a corresponding
cookie to the browser.

E.g:

- all HTTP requests from a New Yorker browser carry the cookie: "city=NY"
- all HTTP requests from a Parisian browser carry the cookie: "city=Paris"

Now we'd like the load-balancer to make sure all requests from the same city - go to the same
Tomcat.
E.g:
- All requests from NY (namely with cookie "city=NY" go to the same Tomcat
- All requests from Paris (namely with cookie "city=Paris" go to the same Tomcat
- We don't mind which tomcat... just never to find 2 new yorkers connected to different Tomcats.

Is there an easy way to handle it with Session Stickiness?
I've looked at "stickysession" and "Header add set-cookie" , but couldn't quite put it together.
Do I need some "_mod" that's stronger that mod_headers?

Thanks.