httpd-users mailing list archives

From Howard Davies <howarddavies3...@aol.com>
Subject [users@httpd] What IP Addresses Are Used With Virtual Host & Listen Directives
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 16:49:17 GMT

My question relates to IP addresses that are used in (1) the <virtual host> section
of a virtual host container and (2) the Listen directive

My Server computer is on a local area network controlled by a router which is connected to
the internet

If I want to specify specific IP addresses (as opposed to an all IP address configuration),
do I specify (1) the local IP address(es) of the Server, (2) the local IP address of the router
or (3) the internet address of the router

My understanding is that you use the local IP address(es) of the Server

Am I correct on this point

Thank you for your reply

Howard