httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] REDIRECT_STATUS
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 12:47:08 GMT
On August 30, 2012 0:54 , Roy Dellray <roydellray@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys, can anyone tell me about "REDIRECT_STATUS"
> trying to use it and get am "Undefined Index" error

You are probably getting this error from an interpreter (e.g., PHP) in
which you are running a script.  In this case, the error means that
Apache HTTP Server simply has not set the REDIRECT_STATUS variable in
the script's environment.  The most likely causes of this is that your
script is either running when an error redirect did NOT occur, or it is
running when an error redirect was done to a fully specified URL
(starting with "http://" or "https://") rather than a URI path (starting
with "/").

See https://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/custom-error.html#variables

In general, you should check to see whether the environment variable
REDIRECT_STATUS is set before attempting to use it; this will avoid the
error message you are getting.

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org