httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. McGrail" <KMcGr...@PCCC.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.4.2 Error Log Oddness
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:01:56 GMT
Morning All,

 From the docs at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/logs.html, we have:

"If |CustomLog
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_log_config.html#customlog>| or
|ErrorLog <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#errorlog>|
directives are placed inside a |<VirtualHost>
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#virtualhost>|
section, all requests or errors for that virtual host will be logged
only to the specified file. "

ErrorLog "/htdocs/munge2.pccc.com/logs/munge2.pccc.com-error_log"
LogLevel warn
# <VirtualHost munged.com>
<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
ServerAdmin munge@pccc.com
DocumentRoot /htdocs/munged.com/html
ServerName www.munged.com
ServerAlias munged.com *.munged.com
ErrorLog /htdocs/munged.com/logs/munged.com-error_log
CustomLog /htdocs/munged.com/logs/munged.com-access_log combined env=!ban
SuExecUserGroup munge munge
</VirtualHost>

However, I am getting Errors for munged.com in BOTH the default ErrorLog
and the VirtualHost error log.

Our best case is this is caused perhaps by SuExec and/or user ownership
of files, etc.  Any pointers on what might be causing the issue?  We've
used this type of setup on small servers for many years pre-2.4.

Regards,
KAM