httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.4.2/PHP-FPM via ProxyPass/htaccess-Problem
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 19:57:00 GMT
On August 23, 2012 12:18 , Konrad Neuwirth <konrad@mailathome.or.at> wrote:
> It appears, to me, that the proxy directive takes precedence over the access restrictions
placed into the directory, and I do not know how to reverse that ordering.

> The appropriate snipped of our httpd configuration is:
>
>   <Directory [USER PATH]/redaxo/include>
>       Require all denied
>    </Directory>
>
>   <LocationMatch ^(.*\.php)$>
>     ProxyPass fcgi://127.0.0.2:9136/[USER PATH]
>   </LocationMatch>

No, <Location> and <LocationMatch> take precedence over <Directory>.
See https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/sections.html#mergin

One solution is to put the proxy configuration into the <Directory>
section instead of the <LocationMatch> section.  However,
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass says
"This directive is not supported in <Directory> or <Files> sections".
So you may want to try using mod_rewrite's RewriteRule directive with
the [P] flag:  https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/rewrite/flags.html#flag_p

A better solution, in my opinion, is to not use .htaccess files at all:
they have performance, security, and management downsides.  Put the
access restrictions into the above <LocationMatch> block instead.
--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org