httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lars Oliver Hansen <han...@ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de>
Subject [users@httpd] patently disobeying, reversed world: symlinks refused in cgi-bin, symlinks followed in DocumentRoot
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 14:27:25 GMT
Hi,

can somebody help me?:

no matter what I try, Apache refuses to access a directory symlink in
its default cgi-bin: /usr/lib/cgi-bin/symlink/

	- everything up to including symlink is world r_x
	- everything up to including everything accessed beyond the resolved
symlink is world r_x
	- FollowSymLinks is enabled for /usr/lib/cgi-bin in every Apache
configuration (httpd.conf, sites-enabled/000-default)
	- SymLinksIfOwnerMatch is disabled for /usr/lib/cgi-bin in every Apache
configuration (httpd.conf, sites-enabled/000-default)

The Browser prints error 403, the log shows: "Symbolic link not allowed
or link target not accessible: /usr/lib/cgi-bin/symlink".
I checked sudo -u www-data cd symlink : it works.

No matter what I set, Apache follows file symlinks in its DocumentRoot,
localhost/sym.link gets delivered to the browser

	- FollowSymLinks is disabled in every Apache configuration
(httpd.conf, sites-enabled/000-default)

I did restart Apache each time.