httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Browder <tom.brow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to serve https only? Is this correct?
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 12:02:29 GMT
On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 6:37 AM, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:

> On 12 Jul 2012, at 12:02, Tom Browder wrote:
>
>> I want to have NO http traffic on my site.  Is this the correct way to
>
> No.

Thanks for the reply, Nick.  I have a stack of Apache security books
(as well as your modules book), but I am looking for a cookbook
example for the situation.  Ryan Barnett's book, Preventing Web
Attacks with Apache, has a detailed http.conf file but doesn't show a
fully working one.  And I see lots of mixed http/https setups, but no
single solution for https only is a locked down site.

I also notice some subtleties vis-a-vis 2. vs. 2.4 as I read
more--I'll make sure I'm running 2.4.

So I will cobble on.

Best regards,

-Tom