httpd-users mailing list archives

From Roger Martinez <roger.martinez...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Virtual Hosts, and Zimbra
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 16:35:59 GMT
Greetings,

I am an IT intern at a small communications company.  My assignment is to
set up a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Server to run both Zimbra email client
and Apache Web Server (to be used to run an SVN client as well as TRAC).
 This is something I've done before with a different server, possibly
running different versions of each program.  What I did before doesn't seem
to work any more.  Here's what I did:

1) install both Apache and Zimbra
2) Configure Zimbra to listen to port 81
3) Set up httpd to use Virtual Hosts.  This is what my httpd-vhosts.conf
file looks like:

NameVirtualHost 10.105.249:80

<VirtualHost 10.105.249.32:80>
        ServerAdmin admin@incnetservices.net
        DocumentRoot "/httpdir"
        ServerName svntrac.incnetservices.net
        ServerAlias svntrac.incnetservices.net
        ErrorLog "logs/error_log"
        CustomLog "logs/access-log" common
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 10.105.249.32:80>
        ServerAlias incemail.incnetservices.net
        ProxyRequests On
        ProxyPass / http://incemail.incnetservices.net:81
        ProxyPassReverse / http://incemail.incnetservices.net:81
        ErrorLog "/var/log/httpd/zimbra-error.log"
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 10.105.249.32:443>
       ServerAlias incemail.*
       SSLProxyEngine On
       SSLEngine On
       SSLCertificateFile /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/server/server.crt
       SSLCertificateKeyFile /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/server/server.key
       ProxyPass / http://incemail.incnetservices.net:81
       ProxyPassReverse / http://incemail.incnetservices.net:81/
       ErrorLog "/var/log/httpd/zimbra_ssl-error.log"
</VirtualHost>

When i start httpd with it gives me the error:

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 23 of /etc/httpd/httpd-vhosts.conf:
Invalid command 'SSLProxyEngine', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration
                                                           [FAILED]

My problem seems to be with whatever module SSLProxyEngine is associated
with.  How do i fix this?  Or better question, am i setting up the https
v-host correctly?

I commented the https vhost section out and tried running httpd and it
runs.  However, the document root i specified isn't used at all, the
default Apache page loads.  Furthermore, the Zimbra admin and user log-in
pages don't load at all.  When I do an nslookup of the domains they do
return the correct IP address, but it seems the browser won't return the
correct information.  Again, I'd like to point out that these are the exact
specifications I used in the past, but will not work now.  If anyone has
experience with Zimbra and Apache, any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

--
Roger Martinez
Intern