httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Raines <raine...@tc.umn.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apxs
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2012 14:33:25 GMT
Thanks.
I'm using ssh from my mac to connect to the RPi. Being unable to find apxs with some groping
about, I typed
pi@raspberrypi / $ ls -R

and, of course, got a huge listing of files in various directories.  Then using the Terminal's
'find' command I searched for apxs. That was not found. Yet the link I cited says if I have
mod_so it should be there??

Also I understood the lines

apxs -g [ -S name=value ] -n modname

apxs -q [ -S name=value ] query ...

apxs -c [ -S name=value ] [ -o dsofile ] [ -I incdir ] [ -D name=value ] [ -L libdir ] [ -l
libname ] [ -Wc,compiler-flags ] [ -Wl,linker-flags ] files ...

apxs -i [ -S name=value ] [ -n modname ] [ -a ] [ -A ] dso-file ...

apxs -e [ -S name=value ] [ -n modname ] [ -a ] [ -A ] dso-file ...

to mean that apxs could be typed at the command line.

On Jul 29, 2012, at 6:31 AM, Igor Cicimov wrote:

> It is not a system binary it is located under bin directory of your apache install location.
On my system (apache compiled from source) for example is under /usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs.
Use the full path to apxs when using it.
> On Jul 29, 2012 9:19 PM, "John Raines" <raine001@tc.umn.edu> wrote:
> years ago I built a little website using mod_python. Recently I got a Raspberry pi and
have been looking at redoing that website. My expectation is that I won't be able to make
mod_python work but since it would be a lot less work to use it I thought I should take a
look.

> The installation instructions require me to reference apxs. I could not find that on
the installation on the RPi but looking at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/programs/apxs.html
it still seems to exist. The instructions there say I should have it if I have mod_so.

> pi@raspberrypi ~ $ httpd -l
> -bash: httpd: command not found
> pi@raspberrypi ~ $ apache2 -l
> Compiled in modules:
>   core.c
>   mod_log_config.c
>   mod_logio.c
>   mod_version.c
>   worker.c
>   http_core.c
>   mod_so.c
> pi@raspberrypi ~ $ apxs
> -bash: apxs: command not found
> pi@raspberrypi ~ $ apachectl -v
> /usr/sbin/apachectl: 87: ulimit: error setting limit (Operation not permitted)
> Server version: Apache/2.2.22 (Debian)
> Server built:   Jun 30 2012 06:18:51
> pi@raspberrypi ~ $
>
> I am very inexperienced at this and what experience I have is 7 or 8 years ago and my
recollections are pretty fuzzy.

> Only some of us can learn from other people’s mistakes.
> The rest of us have to be the other people.
>
> John Raines

John Raines