httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Raines <raine...@tc.umn.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] apxs
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2012 11:19:10 GMT
years ago I built a little website using mod_python. Recently I got a Raspberry pi and have
been looking at redoing that website. My expectation is that I won't be able to make mod_python
work but since it would be a lot less work to use it I thought I should take a look.

The installation instructions require me to reference apxs. I could not find that on the installation
on the RPi but looking at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/programs/apxs.html it still seems
to exist. The instructions there say I should have it if I have mod_so.

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ httpd -l
-bash: httpd: command not found
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ apache2 -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_logio.c
  mod_version.c
  worker.c
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ apxs
-bash: apxs: command not found
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ apachectl -v
/usr/sbin/apachectl: 87: ulimit: error setting limit (Operation not permitted)
Server version: Apache/2.2.22 (Debian)
Server built:   Jun 30 2012 06:18:51
pi@raspberrypi ~ $

I am very inexperienced at this and what experience I have is 7 or 8 years ago and my recollections
are pretty fuzzy.

Only some of us can learn from other people’s mistakes.
The rest of us have to be the other people.

John Raines