httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Arnold <carn...@electrichendrix.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite Rule Help (again)
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 23:11:37 GMT
Am I not asking the right question? Have I not given enough information? Or am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 10, 2012, at 1:27 PM, Chris Arnold <carnold@electrichendrix.com> wrote:

> Anybody got any ideas?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jul 9, 2012, at 7:24 PM, Chris Arnold <carnold@electrichendrix.com> wrote:

traffic to go to the 192.168.123.2 host.

>>> Chris;
>>>    I think more information is needed... how do clients get to "update.domain.com"
and the rest of your domains?

>> Not really sure what you mean but clients get to update.domain.com from the Internet
and the intranet (intranet is through a VPN. Internet is over http. We have a public dns entry
and a private dns entry). When the request hits our firewall, the firewall sends all port
(in this instance) 80 request to the apache server and I need apache to send update.domain.com
to a different LAN server (running iis 7.5).
>> I hope this answered your question?
>>
>>> You may be able to use a condition like so:
>>> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} update.domain.com
>>> RewriteRule ^/$ http://192.168.123.2 [L]
>>
>> I tried this and when going to update.domain.com, I get the default site from the
apache server.