httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Arnold <carn...@electrichendrix.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite Rule Help (again)
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 02:32:38 GMT
I spoke too early!! Again, all http traffic is being directed to the private ip of the iis
server. I would love to get some help with this.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 10, 2012, at 10:19 PM, Chris Arnold <carnold@electrichendrix.com> wrote:

> In the event anyone comes across this, i got this to work using the following:
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^update.domain.com$ [NC]
> RewriteRule ^/$ http://private.ip.address [R,L]

manual and combine RewriteCond and RewriteRule >commands thats all you need to do.

> Igor,i have read the rewrite guide and tried what i thought was needed. Which i have
repeated here more than 1 time but this time i will show what i tried from the guide:
> Move Homedirs to Different Webserver
> Many webmasters have asked for a solution to the following situation: They wanted to
redirect just all homedirs on a webserver to another webserver. They usually need such things
when establishing a newer webserver which will replace the old one over time.

URLs to http://newserver/~user/anypath.

> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteRule   ^/~(.+)  http://newserver/~$1  [R,L]
>
> And here is how i have altered it to fit what i need:
> RewriteRule ^/$ http://192.168.123.2/ [L]
> This just leaves me at the webserver. I have also tried what others have suggested here
and replied with the results.

> BTW, the solution Igor is referring to, does anyone have that email and can post it (send
it to me) as i seem to have lost that email.