httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Arnold <carn...@electrichendrix.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite Rule Help (again)
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 23:24:48 GMT
On Jul 9, 2012, at 6:28 PM, Daniel Ruggeri <DRuggeri@primary.net> wrote:

> On 7/9/2012 5:03 PM, Chris Arnold wrote:
>> So the RewriteRule ^/$ http://192.168.123.2 [L]
>> Sends all traffic to 192.168.123.2. I just need http://update.domain.com traffic
to go to the 192.168.123.2 host.

> Chris;
>    I think more information is needed... how do clients get to "update.domain.com" and
the rest of your domains?

Not really sure what you mean but clients get to update.domain.com from the Internet and the
intranet (intranet is through a VPN. Internet is over http. We have a public dns entry and
a private dns entry). When the request hits our firewall, the firewall sends all port (in
this instance) 80 request to the apache server and I need apache to send update.domain.com
to a different LAN server (running iis 7.5).
I hope this answered your question?

> You may be able to use a condition like so:
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} update.domain.com
> RewriteRule ^/$ http://192.168.123.2 [L]

I tried this and when going to update.domain.com, I get the default site from the apache server.