httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd v2.2.22 with openssl 1.0.1c
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 21:55:58 GMT
On 25.07.2012 16:31, Ruiyuan Jiang wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> Last month, I posted a problem that httpd v2.2.22 did not work with openssl v1.0.1c.
For me, it worked with openssl v1.0.0g with the same "configure" options for httpd and openssl.
So far I did not hear anything. I am re-post my message here and hopefully I can get response
this time. Thanks.

> # ./configure --enable-ssl=shared --enable-ssl --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl

> checking whether to enable mod_ssl... checking dependencies
> checking for SSL/TLS toolkit base... /usr/local/ssl
>    adding "-I/usr/local/ssl/include" to CPPFLAGS
>    adding "-I/usr/local/ssl/include" to INCLUDES
>    adding "-L/usr/local/ssl/lib" to LDFLAGS
> checking for OpenSSL version... checking openssl/opensslv.h usability... yes
> checking openssl/opensslv.h presence... yes
> checking for openssl/opensslv.h... yes
> checking openssl/ssl.h usability... yes
> checking openssl/ssl.h presence... yes
> checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
> OK
>    forcing SSL_LIBS to "-lssl -lcrypto  "
>    adding "-lssl" to LIBS
>    adding "-lcrypto" to LIBS
> checking openssl/engine.h usability... yes
> checking openssl/engine.h presence... yes
> checking for openssl/engine.h... yes
> checking for SSLeay_version... yes
> checking for SSL_CTX_new... no
> checking for ENGINE_init... no
> checking for ENGINE_load_builtin_engines... no
> checking for SSL_set_cert_store... no
> configure: error: ... Error, SSL/TLS libraries were missing or unusable
> [root@server httpd-2.2.22]#

Usually more detailed error infomration can be found in the file
config.log in the build directory. The information we are looking for is
not at the end of the file, but directly before the long list of
variables and values that ends the file.

Especialy we are looking for the detailed error messages leading to:

 > checking for SSL_CTX_new... no
 > checking for ENGINE_init... no
 > checking for ENGINE_load_builtin_engines... no
 > checking for SSL_set_cert_store... no

Regards,

Rainer