httpd-users mailing list archives

From Norman Peelman <npeel...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Virtual Hosts, and Zimbra
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 22:13:33 GMT
On 07/24/2012 12:35 PM, Roger Martinez wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am an IT intern at a small communications company.  My assignment is
> to set up a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Server to run both Zimbra email
> client and Apache Web Server (to be used to run an SVN client as well
> as TRAC).  This is something I've done before with a different server,
> possibly running different versions of each program.  What I did
> before doesn't seem to work any more.  Here's what I did:
>
> 1) install both Apache and Zimbra
> 2) Configure Zimbra to listen to port 81
> 3) Set up httpd to use Virtual Hosts.  This is what my
> httpd-vhosts.conf file looks like:
>
> NameVirtualHost 10.105.249:80
>
> <VirtualHost 10.105.249.32:80 <http://10.105.249.32:80>>
>         ServerAdmin admin@incnetservices.net
> <mailto:admin@incnetservices.net>
>         DocumentRoot "/httpdir"
>         ServerName svntrac.incnetservices.net
> <http://svntrac.incnetservices.net>
>         ServerAlias svntrac.incnetservices.net
> <http://svntrac.incnetservices.net>
>         ErrorLog "logs/error_log"
>         CustomLog "logs/access-log" common
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost 10.105.249.32:80 <http://10.105.249.32:80>>
>         ServerAlias incemail.incnetservices.net
> <http://incemail.incnetservices.net>
>         ProxyRequests On
>         ProxyPass / http://incemail.incnetservices.net:81
>         ProxyPassReverse / http://incemail.incnetservices.net:81
>         ErrorLog "/var/log/httpd/zimbra-error.log"
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost 10.105.249.32:443 <http://10.105.249.32:443>>
>        ServerAlias incemail.*
>        SSLProxyEngine On
>        SSLEngine On
>        SSLCertificateFile /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/server/server.crt
>        SSLCertificateKeyFile /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/server/server.key
>        ProxyPass / http://incemail.incnetservices.net:81
>        ProxyPassReverse / http://incemail.incnetservices.net:81/
>        ErrorLog "/var/log/httpd/zimbra_ssl-error.log"
> </VirtualHost>
>
> When i start httpd with it gives me the error:
>
> Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 23 of /etc/httpd/httpd-vhosts.conf:
> Invalid command 'SSLProxyEngine', perhaps misspelled or defined by a
> module not included in the server configuration
>                                                            [FAILED]
>

> My problem seems to be with whatever module SSLProxyEngine is
> associated with.  How do i fix this?  Or better question, am i setting
> up the https v-host correctly?
>

> I commented the https vhost section out and tried running httpd and it
> runs.  However, the document root i specified isn't used at all, the
> default Apache page loads.  Furthermore, the Zimbra admin and user
> log-in pages don't load at all.  When I do an nslookup of the domains
> they do return the correct IP address, but it seems the browser won't
> return the correct information.  Again, I'd like to point out that
> these are the exact specifications I used in the past, but will not
> work now.  If anyone has experience with Zimbra and Apache, any help
> [...]
For starters your NameVirtualHost directive is missing an octet of the
IP address but even if that would actually 'fix' the problem, please see:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/name-based.html

and read the entire section. NameVirtualHost (Name based virtual hosts)
aren't meant to be used with IP addresses.

--
Norman Registered Linux user #461062 -Have you been to www.apache.org yet?-