httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Macks, Aaron" <ama...@harvardbusiness.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Denying access to a folder while allowing the content inside it to be displayed on other pages?
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 20:03:42 GMT
By "Direct Access" do you mean the index of the directory?

Aaron Macks
Sr. Unix Systems Engineer

Harvard Business Publishing
300 North Beacon St.    |   Watertown, MA 02472
(617) 783-7461                |   Fax: (617) 783-7467
www.harvardbusiness.org |   Cell:(978) 317-3614

On Jul 17, 2012, at 3:54 PM, Ryan Bowman wrote:

> I've been looking for 2 hours and I still can't find anything about this. In my site's
root directory I have an "images" folder, which contains all the images used in my site. I
would like to be able to deny direct url access to the folder but still allow the images to
be displayed on the site. Can someone please tell me how to do this with the <directory>
directive? I'm a noob at this kind of stuff so please bear with me.