httpd-users mailing list archives

From Perry Smith <pedz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite Rule Help (again)
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 23:36:44 GMT

On Jul 10, 2012, at 6:11 PM, Chris Arnold wrote:

> Am I not asking the right question? Have I not given enough information? Or am I missing
something?

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jul 10, 2012, at 1:27 PM, Chris Arnold <carnold@electrichendrix.com> wrote:
>
>> Anybody got any ideas?
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

traffic to go to the 192.168.123.2 host.

>>> Not really sure what you mean but clients get to update.domain.com from the Internet
and the intranet (intranet is through a VPN. Internet is over http. We have a public dns entry
and a private dns entry). When the request hits our firewall, the firewall sends all port
(in this instance) 80 request to the apache server and I need apache to send update.domain.com
to a different LAN server (running iis 7.5).
>>> I hope this answered your question?

>>> I tried this and when going to update.domain.com, I get the default site from
the apache server.

I'm sorta of a newbie here so I feel a little timid.  But I don't have a clue what the symptoms
are.  What is "the default site"?  What do you want to happen verses what is actually happening?