httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Arnold <carn...@electrichendrix.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite Rule Help (again)
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 17:27:34 GMT
Anybody got any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 9, 2012, at 7:24 PM, Chris Arnold <carnold@electrichendrix.com> wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2012, at 6:28 PM, Daniel Ruggeri <DRuggeri@primary.net> wrote:
>
>> On 7/9/2012 5:03 PM, Chris Arnold wrote:
>>> So the RewriteRule ^/$ http://192.168.123.2 [L]
>>> Sends all traffic to 192.168.123.2. I just need http://update.domain.com
      traffic to go to the 192.168.123.2 host.

>> Chris;
>>    I think more information is needed... how do clients get to "update.domain.com"
and the rest of your domains?

> Not really sure what you mean but clients get to update.domain.com from the Internet
and the intranet (intranet is through a VPN. Internet is over http. We have a public dns entry
and a private dns entry). When the request hits our firewall, the firewall sends all port
(in this instance) 80 request to the apache server and I need apache to send update.domain.com
to a different LAN server (running iis 7.5).
> I hope this answered your question?
>
>> You may be able to use a condition like so:
>> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} update.domain.com
>> RewriteRule ^/$ http://192.168.123.2       [L]
>
> I tried this and when going to update.domain.com, I get the default site from the apache
server.