httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ng Kean Thian" <keanthian...@b2b.com.my>
Subject [users@httpd] maximum MPM winnt thread supported in apache http server
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 11:34:58 GMT
Dear all,
I have configured my Apache HTTP Server's MPM maximum thread with the
following configuration:

<IfModule mpm_winnt_module>
       	ThreadsPerChild      3465
       	MaxRequestsPerChild    0
	ThreadLimit 4000
</IfModule>

Whenever I configured the 'ThreadsPerChild' with a value more than 3463, I
will hit '(OS 8)Unrecognized Win32 error code 8: Child 3316: _beginthreadex
failed. Unable to create all worker threads. Created 3463 of the 3500
threads requested with the ThreadsPerChild configuration directive.'. My
apache http server is running in Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit.

Would like to check, is that the maximum thread creatable? If it is not,
what could be the possible reasons causing the error?

Regards,
KT

Disclaimer : This E-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above
and may contain information that is confidential. If you are not the intended recipients,
please immediately notify us by return email and delete it from your system. Any unauthorised
dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. Thank You.