httpd-users mailing list archives

From Luís de Sousa <luis.a.de.so...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Access rules in an intranet
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 09:55:00 GMT
Dear all,

I'm configuring a server to which I have ssh access through an intranet.
I'd like to open access to all nodes in the same IP range as mine to a
particular application (phppgadmin). In the .conf file I have the following:

order allow,deny
deny from all
allow from 10.215.xxx.xxx

But this way I get the Forbidden error in the browser. I've also tried with:

order allow,deny
deny from all
allow from 10.215

And even by specifying my IP:

order allow,deny
deny from all
allow from 10.215.1.119

Still, I get the Forbidden error. The only way I found out to access this
application is by using "allow from all", which is not acceptable since
this server will be going to the DMZ sometime.

What am I doing wrong? Any further information I can provide to solve this
issue?

Thank you.