httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Reimer, George" <George.Rei...@fisglobal.com>
Subject [users@httpd] RE: httpd-2.4.2 "make install" fails on AIX 6.1
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 14:31:21 GMT
Hi Brian,
     I ran into this same problem just a week ago, if I knew more about mailing lists and
how to update a Wiki I'd be able to refer you to the email I sent In about it.

     The problem went away for me when I set up my execution path so that the 'which install'
command found the GNU CoreUtils install program in /opt/freeware/bin (I think) instead of
the AIX one in /usr/bin. You may need to re-run the configure script so the GNU install program
gets picked out then.

Yours,

George Reimer

From: Brian Gaber [mailto:Brian.Gaber@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 8:31 AM
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: [users@httpd] httpd-2.4.2 "make install" fails on AIX 6.1

I have similar problem to the problem described here: http://grokbase.com/t/apache/dev/11cva03wa7/httpd-2-3-16-beta-make-install-fails

I have coreutils and libtools installed.

I have successfully compiled apr and apr-utils as follows:

# Build and install apr
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apr-httpd/
make
make install

# Build and install apr-util
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apr-util-httpd/ --with-apr=/usr/local/apr-httpd/ --with-openssl
--with-crypto --with-ldap --with-expat=/usr
make
make install

# Configure httpd
./configure --with-apr=/usr/local/apr-httpd/ --with-apr-util=/usr/local/apr-util-httpd/ \
--with-mpm=prefork \
--enable-auth-basic \
--enable-auth-form \
--enable-authn-anon \
--enable-authn-dbm \
--enable-auth-digest \
--enable-authnz-ldap \
--enable-cern-meta \
--enable-dav \
--enable-dav-fs \
--enable-dbd \
--enable-deflate \
--enable-expires \
--enable-ext-filter \
--enable-headers \
--enable-info \
--enable-ldap \
--enable-mime-magic \
--enable-proxy \
--enable-rewrite \
--enable-session \
--enable-session-cookie \
--enable-session-crypto \
--enable-session-dbd \
--enable-speling \
--enable-ssl \
--enable-unique-id \
--enable-usertrack \
--enable-vhost-alias \
--enable-mods-shared="auth-basic auth-form authn_anon authn_dbm auth_digest authnz-ldap cern_meta
dav dav_fs dbd deflate expires ext_filter headers info ldap mime_magic proxy rewrite session
session-cookie session-crypto session-dbd ssl speling unique_id usertrack vhost_alias"

make is successful.

make install fails with this error:

Making install in modules
Making install in aaa
rm -f /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_authn_file.so
/usr/local/apr-httpd//build-1/libtool --silent --mode=install install mod_authn_file.la /usr/local/apache2/modules/
find: bad status-- /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_authn_file.so
install: File mod_authn_file.so was not found.

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.

        Thanks for assistance.

by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.