httpd-users mailing list archives

From <a...@jezebeldesign.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] MOD_STATUS
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 14:48:39 GMT
Thanks Daniel, that sounds about right. I'll see if my host will up the number of workers.
I don't currently have access to the httpd.conf  I'm afraid, although I might have to ask
for a copy of it sending.

Thanks again, and have yourself a good weekend.

Andy
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Daniel Ruggeri
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 11:23 PM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] MOD_STATUS

  On 6/7/2012 6:14 AM, andy@jezebeldesign.co.uk wrote:
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but, I am trying to diagnose why my website keeps falling
over often by reaching MAXCLIENTS.
    I have asked the server host to give me access to server-status ( MOD_STATUS ) and one
thing that I have noticed that is different to ALL the other examples I have seen is the size
of the line of W's and R's and C's etc.
    Mine has only 10 characters but every other example seems to have 40+.

    I understand that if they all get stuck in the W state that this may cause the MAXCLIENTS
to get reached so that's something I am watching out for, however I was wondering if the small
size of "child servers" shown might indicate something in itself?

    Many thanks for any help you can offer or point me to!

  I may be speaking out of school here, but I believe that means you have too few workers.
Do you have access to your httpd.conf?

  The code for mod status simply iterates through the server_limit x thread_limit and prints
a character for each.

--
Daniel Ruggeri

=======