httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Gaber <Brian.Ga...@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Compiling/Installing httpd 2.4.2 on AIX 6.1 with gcc/g++
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 13:16:56 GMT
Michael,

    I will try your buildaix.ksh script.  I have been using IBM's compiler (xlc, cc_r, cc).

    On related question, Have you successfully compiled PHP against Apache 2.4.2?  I have
not.  I have tried PHP 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4 and all fail at some point.  Against Apache 2.2.x
I have not problem compiling PHP.

    Cheers.

Brian

________________________________
From: Michael Felt [mailto:mamfelt@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:17 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Compiling/Installing httpd 2.4.2 on AIX 6.1 with gcc/g++

There are some "more recent" gcc builds for AIX available via: http://www.perzl.org/aix/index.php?n=Main.Gcc

Current versions:

 *   AIX5L V5.1: v4.5.3-2
 *   AIX5L V5.2: v4.6.3-2
 *   AIX5L V5.3: v4.6.3-2
 *   AIX V6.1: v4.6.3-2
 *   AIX V7.1: v4.6.3-2

RPM's being what they are - there are several packages that need to be installed as mentioned
above.

And, I would be very interested in hearing what your experiences are if you use the buildaix.ksh
script (in ./build/aix directory). The result is (is suppossed to be) an installp installable
file in build/aix.

Regards,
Michael

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 7:57 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com<mailto:covener@gmail.com>>
wrote:
On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Reimer, George
<George.Reimer@fisglobal.com<mailto:George.Reimer@fisglobal.com>> wrote:
> My browser tells me that "It Works!"  but it took a couple days of banging
> my head against the wall. I encountered the following rough spots and
> eventually stumbled over their solutions as noted:

can you share your gcc experience here in the wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/AIXPlatform