httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Gaber <Brian.Ga...@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] RE: httpd-2.4.2 "make install" fails on AIX 6.1
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 16:26:19 GMT
This suggestion worked.

For the "configure" and "make" I had the PATH have "/usr/bin" before "/opt/freeware/bin".
 Before running "make install" I changed PATH to have "/opt/freeware/bin" before "/usr/bin"
and this worked.

Having the path with "/opt/freeware/bin" before "/usr/bin"  from the beginning resulted in
a make error.

Thanks.

________________________________
From: Reimer, George [mailto:George.Reimer@fisglobal.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 10:31 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] RE: httpd-2.4.2 "make install" fails on AIX 6.1

Hi Brian,
     I ran into this same problem just a week ago, if I knew more about mailing lists and
how to update a Wiki I'd be able to refer you to the email I sent In about it.

     The problem went away for me when I set up my execution path so that the 'which install'
command found the GNU CoreUtils install program in /opt/freeware/bin (I think) instead of
the AIX one in /usr/bin. You may need to re-run the configure script so the GNU install program
gets picked out then.

Yours,

George Reimer