httpd-users mailing list archives

From Abhi Auradkar <aura...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Uncompressing incoming requests
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 12:10:10 GMT
Hi Nick,

Yes the location scope applies. And the mod_deflate is loaded as well.
I have this directive defined in my conf file.

LoadModule deflate_module modules/mod_deflate.so

And to test it further I added the DEFLATE for outgoing content and I see that the outgoing
content is gzipped(confirmed this by snooping the outgoing packets from the machine).

<Location / >
       SetInputFilter DEFLATE
       SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
</Location>

I also added the following to log more details. I see that the outgoing compression is logged.
but do not see anything related to the incoming request and its decompression.

DeflateFilterNote Input instream
DeflateFilterNote Output outstream
DeflateFilterNote Ratio ratio

LogFormat '"%r" %{outstream}n/%{instream}n (%{ratio}n%%)' deflate
CustomLog logs/deflate_log deflate

I added "LogLevel debug" to the httpd.conf file I do not see any extra logs in the error_log
file.
Should I do something further here to get detailed debug logs from mod_deflate?

Thanks,
~Abhi