httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Bauer <stefan.ba...@cubewerk.de>
Subject AW: [users@httpd] apache as ssl-proxy - recommended way?
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 13:26:11 GMT
-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von:	Giles Coochey <giles@coochey.net>
Gesendet:	Mo 14.05.2012 14:45
Betreff:	Re: [users@httpd] apache as ssl-proxy - recommended way?
Anlage:	untitled
An:	users@httpd.apache.org;
> On 14/05/2012 13:17, Stefan Bauer wrote:
> > Dear Users,
> >
> > what is the recommended way to achive the following:
> >
> > Client-with-Smartphone ->  domain:443(Apache) -->  internal server
> (webmail:443)
> You can install Apache on a system to strip the SSL layer, but in the
> diagram above it appears that your internal server is still running
> HTTPS. If you just want to route HTTPS sessions (which are encrypted and
> cannot be viewed or acted upon in any way) then you just want a firewall
> with port forwarding.
> If you actually want to decrypt and then re-encrypt (why??) then you can
> do this with mod_proxy and mod_ssl...

thank you for your answer. Unfortunately we want to have several machines behind the proxy.
So if i understood you correctly, mod_ssl is required for mod_proxy even though we _only_
want to forward specific requests like .. ?

domain:443/webmail --> webmail:443
domain:443/sharepoint --> sharepoint:443
domain:443/wiki --> wiki:443

The client should talk to the servers directly. according to the path /webmail or /sharepoint,
the decisions should be made by apache to which server the forward is made.

thank you in advance

stefan