httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ruiyuan Jiang <RJi...@fnpc.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache does not release semaphore after shutdown
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 22:58:55 GMT
Hi,

I have two Apache reverse proxy servers (v2.2.22, Redhat RHEL v6.2, X86_64) running on the
same system for different purposes (I have no choice). When I shutdown the smaller (less resources
such as maximum users, etc.) Apache reverse proxy server on the host and tried to start it
last week, I got a message stating that it can't get lock and could not start. We then increased
semaphore to 512 from 256. The default on Redhat is 128. We have increased it before. Earlier
today after I shutdown and started the smaller Apache, it happened again that Apache could
not get lock. I then increased the semaphore again from 512 to 1024. I got a chance to shutdown
both Apache instance later today and the semaphore did not get released. I have to manually
remove semaphores from the system. Is this a bug or what else? Thanks.

Ryan Jiang

This message (including any attachments) is intended
solely for the specific individual(s) or entity(ies) named
above, and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and then delete it.
Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, by other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.