httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] htaccess file access
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 20:29:00 GMT

On 1 May 2012, at 18:23, Chandler, Dean A wrote:

> Hi,
>                 I have Apache   Server version: Apache/2.4.1 (Unix) and am running into
performance issues on my file system where access are slower than expected.  I believe this
is due to unexpected .htaccess file access from Apache server.  I have turned off all checks
for htaccess override files in my httpd.conf file like this.

> <Directory />
>     AllowOverride None
>     AllowOverrideList None
> </Directory>
>
> Yet when I run strace on the file system calls I still get system open commands on .htaccess
for each level of my dir structure like this from strace

Somewhere in your config (perhaps an included file) is overriding your AllowOverride.
Perhaps grep through all your config files?

Perhaps since it's under /home/ this could be mod_userdir config?

--
Nick Kew